Weight Loss Tracker

Monday, November 26, 2012

Hello-
so...here goes! I'm back to the world of blogging after being absent for a few years after a very feeble attempt. 2012 has been a year to remember; LOTS of ups and downs, but so far I have survived! After a very bumpy stretch in the road this past year, I decided enough was enough; it was time to lose some weight!!!
Let me give you a little background, the last 2 1/2 years, I have done quite a bit of work at trying to lose  the extra pounds I had been carrying around for a long time.  I had done exactly what everyone tells you to do; I saw the doctor, who tried to talk me into gastric bypass, I even went to the informational meeting to get more information about it, saw multiple dietitians,  worked out with a personal trainer twice a week...BELIEVE me I tried everything! I had visited the doctor, had blood work done to see if we could discover anything, but NOTHING!!! I was completely devastated! This next statement may sound a little conceded and egotistical, but it is the truth...I was utterly tired of people telling me I had such a pretty face.  I don't know about you, but, as nice as a compliment as it was, I was tired of hearing it! Every time someone said it, all I could think was "Just don't judge the rest of me", even thought I knew they already had.  It was quite depressing!

Fast forward a few years...after all but giving up on losing weight, I had a conversation with a client of mine about his obvious weight loss.  I was shocked to find out that he had lost weight on a diet I though was a COMPLETE hoax!!! He had done the HCG diet under the supervision of his doctor, as intelligent of a man I know he is, I thought he was crazy...at first...
After having a detailed chat with my client, I decided to do some research of my own.  Long story, short, I found a doctor in my area that prescribes medical grade HCG.  After my first consultation appointment with her, I knew I was going to give this a whirl. Not only did I have a glimmer of hope of losing weight on the diet, Dr Riegg also told me I had signs of hypothyroidism.  AH-HA!!!! could this be one of the reasons I had tried, and tried, and tried to no avail in my weight loss?!? Call me crazy, desperate, hopeful, whatever you like, but I thought this may be my last chance at losing weight before resigning to surgery.  Well, I won't keep you in suspense any longer...in the 6 weeks I was on the HCG diet I lost a total of 38.5 lbs. I was thrilled!!! You have no idea what it feels like to go shopping for smaller clothes and while in the dressing room, have to ask the sales clerk for the next smaller size!!! It is an amazing feeling!

Now onto the second part of this ongoing journey; one of my biggest fears of losing weight is loose skin!  I am a huge chicken when it comes to things like surgery, so a tummy tuck is way out of the question for this gal.  But, what is one to do???? Well that brings me to It Works Global...a friend of mine was promoting these crazy wrap things on Facebook.  I was skeptical...but it was worth a try, if I could avoid surgery!!!!

My first wrap, I lost a total of 6 inches off of my tummy!!! I was hooked! So, here we go on the rest of this amazing journey! I am wrapping on a regular basis to tighten and firm this tummy and the back of my arms, and in January, I start on another round of HCG! Can't wait to see what happens on 2013!!!

Peace and blessings!
M


No comments: