Weight Loss Tracker

Friday, December 28, 2012

What will YOU gain?



With New Year's upon us; I, like anyone else begin to think about what I will change in the new year? What will I commit to as my New Year Resolution??? Well, based on experience, I have chosen to take a different approach this year...instead of focusing on a negative, I choose to focus on a positive.  So here it is; my New Year Resolution is to be healthy in 2013! What does that mean exactly??? It means that beginning NOW (I can sometimes be an overachiever), I am going to focus on three things; eating clean, exercising, and managing stress.




Here's my plan for 2013:

1. Clean Eating:
I believe everyone knows their body best; I know that my body does best eating protein, fruits and veggies...NO dairy, NO sugar, and NO carbs! I also promise to make sure my body is in good working order, so that my body runs on all cylinders. I have gotten better at this and will continue to do my best. As a part of this objective, I will also try to maintain an alkaline balance in my system.  Learning the importance of keeping an alkaline balance, has made me seek more information and has made me realize that it is one of the key points in maintaining health and staving off disease! How will I keep that balance? First, watch what I eat! Staying away from the above foods is a great start! Second, do what I can to help maintain that balance...my favorite way to support that...GREENS! Not only do they help detox and balance one's system, but they also provide more than 8 servings of fruits and vegetables which does wonders in the energy department! Seems simple enough...*wink*

  • Detoxifying, alkalizing drink powder
  • Promotes pH balance within the body
  • 38 herbs & nutrient-rich “superfoods”
  • Equivalent of 8+ servings of fruits and vegetables in each serving 



2. Exercise:
My main goal with these New Year's Resolutions is to keep it SIMPLE! Same goes for exercise; I am also going to try to be resourceful! I don't know about you, but, I have not been very successful with the whole gym scene. I never felt comfortable and let's face it, I never found it fun either! So, here's what I've got cookin'; for those of you who don't know me that well, I used to dance...and I LOVED it!  Therefore, I found an adult tap/jazz class that starts up a week from Monday... I CAN'T wait!!! I will also be doing a few things at home; the Fluidity bar (ballet barre type exercises), pilates, and possibly some Yoga Booty Ballet (MORE dancing! ). For once, I am super excited about exercising!!! YooHoo! I guess the key all along was find something you love! What do you enjoy doing???


3. Stress
I don't know about you, but, I am horrible at maintaining stress sometimes! I don't know why I can't control it, but it can get away from me quite quickly...and I HATE it!!! The awesome part about this objective is that #1 and #2 will help me with #3! One thing I have learned about myself in the last year is my thyroid doesn't always perform well. :( When the old thyroid isn't working properly, I notice I turn into a crazy person; stressed, obsessing, and feeling like I can't concentrate on anything, no matter how hard I try. It amazes me how awful, weird, and out of control one can feel when one's body is out of whack!!! So, if the body is healthy and working correctly, this girl's thyroid should be working properly too! And of course, exercise helps release those "happy hormones"! Oh, one last thing here too! One of my new favorite "stress relievers"-CONFIANZA!!!


Confianza is a naturally based supplement that increases your energy levels while reducing stress and fatigue. Its special blend of herbs was developed to provide a safe way to enhance your ability to cope with all forms of stress: physical, emotional, or environmental.

I am on a mission to make 2013 my best year yet! 
What will I gain?
Health, Contentment, Peace, Joy, Confidence, and Balance 

Will you join me? 
What will you gain?

**Stay tuned for a new FB page that will not only give inspiration, but healthy tips I find along the way!


 

No comments: